Hello, and thank you for purchasing an Eatwell Assistive Tableware Set!
Eatwell was designed for people with different requirements, and may be helpful for those with cognitive, motor, and physical impairments. During the development of our Eatwell Assistive Tableware Set, we identified the most common challenges we observed through our experiences volunteering at senior-care facilities and consulting with caretakers, and designed this assistive tableware set to address those challenges. We hope that your new Eatwell Assistive Tableware Set will help to stimulate appetite in our users, increase food intake, maintain proper nutrition levels, and a healthy lifestyle.
To increase the effectiveness of Eatwell Assistive Tableware Sets and avoid potential hazards:
- When serving meals to users with cognitive impairment, we recommend that dishes are served one a time, in order to increase focus and reduce the risk of visual confusion and over-stimulation.
- We suggest Eatwell Assistive Tableware Bowls be positioned with the tab facing away from the user, such that the side with the deeper chamber is closer to the user. If the Eatwell logo is right-side up from the direction of the user, the bowl is positioned correctly. If the Eatwell logo is upside-down, please rotate the bowl 180 degrees, or until the Eatwell logo is right-side up and facing the user from the opposite side of the bowl.
- Eatwell Assistive Bowls may be more effective when there is a high color contrast between the bowl and the background setting (tablecloth, table top).
- Please make sure the taste and aroma of the food are appealing to the diner.
- Please make sure the temperature of the food or liquid is suitable for consumption.
- There are differing opinions on whether usage of a straw is recommended. If the user has trouble with or a history of infections drinking from straws, do not use a straw.
- Please consult a doctor or a nutritionist for optimal portion control and sizing of foodstuffs for consumption.
- Medication may also affect appetite. Please consult a doctor to see if medication can be introduced, reduced, or substituted to increase appetite or decrease the loss of appetite.
- Avoid microwaving foods or liquids with excessive oils or fats, as this may harm the tableware.
While Eatwell was designed to be as universal and user-friendly as possible, we understand that Eatwell may not be a fit for every issue, and that some problematic behaviors may not be improved through usage of the Eatwell Assistive Tableware Set. We are continuing to develop new products and features to address other special needs in the future, and if you have any feedback or suggestions please contact us at .
Thank you again, from all of us at Eatwell!
ALWAYS supervise users with special needs while eating.
ALWAYS use Eatwell products with proper care and supervision.
ALWAYS check the temperature of the food before serving.
DO NOT microwave Eatwell Assistive Tableware Spoons.
DO NOT place ANY Eatwell Assistive Tableware components in a convection oven during operation.
Spoons and Lids – dishwasher safe
Large Bowls – top rack dishwasher safe and microwavable
Cups – top rack dishwasher safe and microwavable
Before first and after each use, clean the product.
Wash the product thoroughly in hot, soapy water or in the top rack of the dishwasher.
After feeding, thoroughly wash your tableware components in warm soapy water and rinse.
2. Microwave Cautions and Care
To avoid damaging the tableware, double check the time settings; do not exceed the times given. If your microwave has a metal table, your assistive tableware pieces need to be on a non-metallic microwave-safe surface.
Take care when removing hot items from the microwave.
Allow a minimum of 2 minutes to cool before handling. Always keep hot items away from children and heat sensitive surfaces.
Take extra care when microwave heating. Always stir heated food to ensure even distribution and test the temperature before serving.
Eatwell Assistive Tableware Sets are not suitable to be heated in a convection oven. Do not place any Eatwell Assistive Tableware components in a convection oven during operation.
Do not allow borders or seams of the Eatwell Assistive Tableware Set or its parts to come in contact with solvents or harsh chemicals, this could damage the product.
WARRANTY Limited 18-Month Warranty This warranty is available to consumers only. You are a consumer if you own an Eatwell Assistive Tableware set that was purchased at retail for personal, family or household use. Except as otherwise required under applicable law, this warranty is not available to retailers or other commercial purchasers or owners. We warrant that your Eatwell Assistive Tableware set will be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for 18 months from the date of original purchase. In the event that you do not have proof of purchase date, the purchase date for purposes of this warranty will be the date of manufacture. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY: California law provides that for In-Warranty Service, California residents have the option of returning a nonconforming product (A) to the store where it was purchased or (B) to another retail store that sells Eatwell Assistive Tableware products of the same type. The retail store shall then, according to its preference, either repair the product, refer the consumer to an independent repair facility, replace the product, or refund the purchase price less the amount directly attributable to the consumer’s prior usage of the product. If neither of the above two options results in the appropriate relief to the consumer, the consumer may then take the product to an independent repair facility, if service or repair can be economically accomplished. Eatwell and not the consumer will be responsible for the reasonable cost of such service, repair, replacement, or refund for nonconforming products under warranty. California residents may also, according to their preference, return non-conforming products directly to Eatwell for repair. Eatwell will be responsible for the cost of the repair, replacement, and shipping and handling for such non-conforming products under warranty.